What is Compounding
Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing customized medications for patients. Drug compounding is often regarded as the process of combining, mixing, or altering ingredients to create a medication tailored to the needs of an individual patient. A drug may be compounded for a patient who cannot be treated with an FDA-approved medication, such as a patient who has an allergy to a certain dye and needs a medication to be made without it, or an elderly patient or a child who cannot swallow a tablet or capsule and needs a medicine in a liquid dosage form. Varity of unique delivery systems, such as a sublingual troche or lozenge, a lollipop, or a transdermal gel or cream that can be absorbed through the skin.
What our compounding professionals can do for you:
- unique dosage forms containing customized dose of a medication for each individual.
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches, and lollipops, capsules, and more…
- medications free of allergy-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- medications that are not commercially available.
- and much more…